Lee Health – Coconut Point
Lee Health – Coconut Point will be the most comprehensive health and wellness destination in South Lee County, an area experiencing tremendous population growth. When completed in 2018, the 172,000-square-foot medical campus will offer a broad array of medical services across the continuum of care, combined with an excellent experience and a healing environment. The approximately $140 million project will be located on a 31-acre site south of Coconut Point Mall.
- A freestanding emergency department open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year
- A surgery center, imaging laboratory, breast health center, cardiac testing and rehabilitation services
- Short stay observation and recovery beds to support the emergency department and surgery center
- Programs and services to include a pharmacy, health assessments and education, chronic disease management, nutritional counseling including a teaching kitchen, holistic health services, care coordination and more
A medical office complex with space for primary care physicians and specialists
Houses Healthy Life Center for exercise and informational programs for residences throughout the year
- With more than 100,000 people living in South Lee County, the community will be able to access more convenient health care.
- Lee Health – Coconut Point will be a plus for not only patients but also their families and at-home caregivers.
- The estimate is that 85% of the people who would otherwise go to an existing hospital or emergency room will be able to receive care at Lee Health – Coconut Point and return home without hassle or delay.
- Described as healthcare of the future because it provides for local, rapid response to vast majority of healthcare needs.